Matt Collins of Platypus Digital has an extremely helpful article on how to set up the foundations of your digital marketing – an area that many of us struggle with.
His advice is clear, achievable and very sensible:
- Get a simple website (so many charities over complicate their sites), and make sure it’s mobile friendly.
- Talk to your supporters via email.
- Tell the story of your work on social media.
- Get Google Analytics working so you can track the success of what you’re doing
- Apply for the Google Grant so you can advertise to a targeted audience for free.
If you set to completing these six reasonably straightforward tasks, you are well on the way to working effectively and strategically with digital marketing.