Simon Scriver’s Amazingly Ultimate Fundraising Podcast is my favourite non-profit podcast; I was delighted to be invited on to talk with Simon about digital fundraising. We covered the myths, pitfalls and frustrations with digital fundraising, and talked in depth about the three most effective channels for digital fundraising: email, Google Grant Ads and Facebook Fundraising.
I’ve gathered together a list of links for the people, services and resources that we mentioned in the podcast:
- Adrian O’Flynn is the best digital fundraiser I know, he’s doing extremely innovative and effective work with Facebook Fundraising. His website is at: getyourstoriesstraight.com
- GivePanel is an online service created by Nick Burne that helps manage Facebook Fundraisers, it is fantastic for reconciling your donations and thanking your donors.
- Interview with Jill O’Herlihy of Mental Health Ireland, about how she developed an exceptional donor care practice that led to great success with Facebook Fundraising tools
Google Grant Ads
How to get the Google Grant for your charity: https://www.google.com/grants/how-to-apply/
Digital Charity Lab has lots of resources to help you with Google Grant Ads:
- Free compliance checklist – fix a Google Grant Ads account that isn’t performing
- Guide to care and feeding of your Google Grant Ads – free download
- Google Grant Ads online course – learn a technique to make your account perform and bring in a return
- Glyn Thomas is a digital consultant and email expert who did a hugely interesting experiment where he signed up to 100 UK charity mailing lists and analysed what he was sent.
- Digital Charity Lab has free downloads and an online course to support your work with email marketing:
You might also be interested in the online course Simon and I collaborated on, it’s on digital marketing for non-profits. It’s had over 500 students to date and is highly rated on Udemy.com.