When: Monday May 16th, 10am – 4pm
Where: Outhouse, 105 Capel St, Dublin 1
Cost: €90-€110, depending on size of organisation
Traditionally, charities separate fundraising and advocacy. But in our connected world, our supporters don’t categorise themselves that way. International campaigns have shown that people are 60% more likely to donate after having taken an action for a cause (source: Blue State Digital). But how do you start unifiying campaigning and fundraising?
This expert workshop from Digital Charity Lab and Care2 will show you how to bring fundraising and campaigning together at your organisation. This workshop will cover*:
- Online donor acquisition, online campaigning
- Online and cross-channel donor cultivation and retention
- Breaking down internal barriers, building internal consensus and nimble campaigning
- How different types of advocacy (political, behaviour change, awareness, consumer) can be connected with fundraising campaigns
- Building supporter journeys that bring people from action to donation
- Case studies from Irish and international charities
- Practical exercises
- And more…
This full day workshop includes lunch for attendees.
Ruarai McKenna is a US-based Strategic Communication Consultant with Care2, the global community for good. Ruarai has worked with dozens of charities, helping them to devise advocacy campaigns, build supporter journeys, run successful fundraising campaigns and measure impact.
Jean O’Brien has over a decade’s experience working as a digital communications specialist in Irish charities. She has been involved in planning and delivering a wide range of fundraising and advocacy campaigns for major Irish charities such as Oxfam and Barnardos.
Case Studies from:
- JoAnne O’Donovan of Dog’s Trust – on the award-winning Puppy Promise campaign
- Oisin O’Reilly of BeLonG To on fundraising from the Marriage Referendum
*Agenda may be subject to minor changes
Who is it suitable for?
Charities that wish to start running integrated campaigns; charities that are already running these campaigns and want to improve. This workshop is suitable for charities of all sizes.
Sponsored by Care2
We are delighted to have Care2 – the world’s largest community for good – as sponsors of this workshop.
More than 20 million people trust in Care2 to help them discover, share, and take action for the causes they care about most. Care2 makes creating stories, sharing actions, and starting online petitions simple – sign up today.