When: Monday 4th March, 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
Where: Irish Theatre Institute, Temple Bar, Dublin 2
Cost: €260 (includes booking fee)
**Places at this masterclass are strictly limited to 8 attendees**
An intensive, practical workshop on getting a real return on investment from your Google Grant Ads. This is for organisations with a Google Grant Ads account that is not currently performing well, who would like to manage their Grant in-house, and use their Grant to bring in leads, sales and donations. This masterclass is delivered by Jean O’Brien, who has extensive experience and has achieved exceptional results in managing and optimising Google Grant Ads.
More about this Masterclass
Please read this carefully before booking! This masterclass is for charities with very specific needs relating to Google Grant Ads.
Google Grant Ads are one of the most valuable digital marketing channels available to non-profits: when used properly, they deliver highly engaged visitors, and generate leads and donations, with the cost of the advertising completely covered by Google. Many charities struggle to make the most of their Google Grant, and so are missing out on an extremely valuable channel.
Google Grant Ads can be resourced by most charities with the right training and support: once the key concepts are understood, it takes just a couple of hours work per month to keep a Google Grant account performing. This workshop will cover the key concepts needed to manage Google Grant Ads in a time efficient way, will include practical work to get each attendee’s Google Grant Ads account in shape, will focus on getting a return on investment, and will provide a clear roadmap and support for keeping the account compliant and delivering a return well into the future.
This workshop will also include aftercare – each attendee will get an hour of aftercare from Jean O’Brien, who will review their account and make recommendations.
- Attendees will learn a time-efficient technique for managing their Google Grant Ads account
- Attendees will learn how to keep their Ads account compliant with Google’s rules for Grant accounts, and will receive support materials for their compliance checks
- They will also learn how to optimise accounts for performance and get a strong return on investment
- During the masterclass, attendees will develop a keyword plan and a campaign plan for their organisation and (time allowing) publish a campaign to their account
- Attendees will receive templates, training materials and documents to support their ongoing work with Google Ads
- One hour per attendee of aftercare support will be provided
About the trainer
Jean O’Brien is a digital consultant, Head of Digital and Content at Barnardos Ireland, and is the founder of Digital Charity Lab, a social enterprise that builds digital skills in non-profits. Jean has managed many Google Grant Ads accounts and has achieved the following results:
- 12.4% click through rate on the Barnardos Ireland ad account in 2018
- 62% increase in donations driven by Google Grant Ads for Barnardos Ireland in 2018 over 2017 (case study)
- 18% CTR on Google Ads for the Together for Yes referendum campaign
- 15% CTR on Google Ads for the Michael D Higgins presidential campaign
- 12% CTR on Google Grant Ads for a leading mental health charity in 2018, over 700 conversions via Google Ads
- 17% CTR on the Google Grant account for an Irish homeless charity; over 200 donations from a Google Ads donation campaign for this charity at Christmas 2017
- Featured in a case study by Google on Google Grant success stories
Attendees will receive
- Multiple planning documents and templates for use in their work
- 1 hour per attendee of post-masterclass consultancy – Jean will review your Google Grant Ad account and make recommendations
- Free access to online training materials to use as a future refresher on the course content
Who’s it suitable for?
Any digital marketer, campaigner or fundraiser who would like to add Google Ads to their skillset
Organisations with a Google Grant Ad account that fits any of the following descriptions:
- A new account that hasn’t yet been fully set up with Ad campaigns
- An account that’s struggling to perform under Google’s new rules
- An account that has been suspended or cancelled due to low performance
- An account with a low click through rate, low traffic or that is not driving conversions
The event is not suitable for advanced Google Ads users, or for charities with Grant Ads accounts that are achieving a high performance.
What you will need
- Access to your organisation’s Google Grant Ad account and permission to make changes – NB: this is crucial! Attendees will be doing practical work on their Google Ad accounts during this masterclass
- A laptop with access to Google Drive
- Familiarity with working with spreadsheets
Pre event preparation
Attendees will be asked to complete a short survey to establish their level of familiarity with Google Ads, and also to get a sense of their current challenges with Google Ads.
I’m not with a non-profit – can I attend this event?
This event is restricted to people working for non-profit organisations only. Private sector organisations, service providers and consultants have the option of attending as event sponsors – if you’re interested in sponsoring this or any other events, contact us on email@example.com.
Do I have to bring my printed email confirmation to the event?
No need, your name will be on the door.
What’s the refund policy?
As we are a small non-profit organisation with limited resources, and this is a workshop with strictly restricted numbers, we regret that we cannot offer refunds for cancellations for this particular event. If you cannot attend, you can transfer your ticket to another person; please just notify Digital Charity Lab of the change.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
Please fill out the name(s) of the actual attendee(s) rather than the person booking the ticket. If you need to transfer your ticket to a colleague, that is no problem – please just notify us via email.